microfilm: begin page 367
Sunday, July 12, 1936 (continued)
(1) G 2418 (continued)
G 2418 J: Drawing of shaft.
(2) East of G 2422
East of this mastaba and north of mastaba G 2418. In order to clear and exposed mastabas in that place, limestone debris, dubsh, sand and black debris. Mastabas not yet exposed.
Monday, July 13, 1936
(1) G 2422
(2) G 4611 C
(1) East of G 2422
East of this mastaba in order to clear and expose shafts and mastabas in that place, limestone debris, dubsh, sand and black debris. Mastabas not yet exposed.
(2) G 4611
On the top of the mastaba. In exposing the remains of shafts, limestone debris, dubsh and black debris. Exposed shaft C.
G 4611 C: In shaft. It is west of B, it is northwest of the mastaba. Lined with dubsh to the beginning of the rock. Total depth 3.10 meters, sand, some dubsh and limestone debris. Chamber on north lined with dubsh and on north lined with stones. Roofed and blocked with stones, blocking partly destroyed on east. Blocking left for photo. Drawing of the mastaba.
Tuesday, July 14, 1936
Day of rest.
microfilm: end page 367
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 07/12/1936; 07/13/1936; 07/14/1936
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)