microfilm: begin page 477
Thursday, May 20, 1937 (continued)
(1) G 7715 (continued)
G 7715 Y: In shaft and chamber. Cut in rock. South of room a, east of X and west of Z. Total depth 1.89 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and dirty debris. Chamber on south. Cut in rock. No blocking, only on east break through other chambers. Cleared. Drawing.
G 7715 Z: In shaft and chamber. Lined with two stone courses on west and underneath cut in rock. On east lined with stones, and on south cut in rock and on north lined with stones above (now gone) and rock below. It is east of Y. In the southeast corner of room a and south of U. Total depth 1.5 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and sand. Chamber on north. Lined with one course of stones. Only on east cut in rock. Roof gone. Cleared. Drawing.
G 7715 U: In shaft and chamber. Cut in rock. Only on east and south was lined with stones (now gone). It is east of room a (door) and north of chamber of G 7715 Z. Total depth 1.52 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and dirty debris. Chamber on east. Running to south. Lined and roofed with stones. No blocking (roof gone). Only remains of stones on south. Cleared. Drawing.
Drawing of mastaba and shafts in G 7715.
microfilm: end page 477
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)