microfilm: begin page 547
Monday, October 25, 1937 (continued)
(2) G 2040 (continued)
G 2040 C. Drawing of the shaft
G 2040 D: In shaft. Lined with mud-brick above and rock-cut below. Only on west partly destroyed. It is north of C. Total depth 3.35 meters. Sand, dirty debris, limestone debris and pebble. Ended at rock. No chamber.
G 2040 X: In shaft. Lined with dubsh east of this mastaba to south, between it and G 2041. Total depth 2.1 meters. Drift sand and limestone debris. Chamber on east. Blocked with dubsh and bound with mud. Left for photo.
G 2040 Y: In shaft. Lined with dubsh above and cut in red rock below. It is west of D. Total depth 2.2 meters. Chamber on west. Cut in red rock mixed with pebble. No blocking. Body, head on north, left for photo. Drawing of the mastaba and the shafts.
Tuesday, October 26, 1937
Day of rest.
In clearing the chamber debris of shaft G 2033 C, search for the remains and fragments from the mummy mask and we found half of it and fragments. The half of the mummy mask and the fragments removed to the Camp, after photographing it.
microfilm: end page 547
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/25/1937; 10/26/1937
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)