microfilm: begin page 567
Saturday, November 27, 1937 (continued)
(2) G 2040
G 2040 X: Removed the chamber roof and some of the lining. Found in the lining of the chamber three inscribed limestone fragments in relief.
(3) G 2041
On the top of the mastaba and east of it. Search for shafts in this place. Dubsh, limestone debris, stones, pebble, dirty debris and sand. Nothing exposed on the top of the mastaba only the two shafts which exposed before (A, B). East of this mastaba is not yet cleared.
Sunday, November 28, 1937
(1) G 2036a A, C
(2) G 2037b A
(3) G 2041 A
(1) G 2036a
G 2036a A: Removed the chamber roof. Dubsh and mud bound. Body, head on north, broken. Left for photo.
G 2036a C: Removed the body from the chamber. Drawing.
(2) G 2037b
G 2037b A: Removed the child bones from the chamber. Drawing.
(3) G 2041
G 2041 A: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones above and partly destroyed on north, east and south and rock-cut below. It is south of B. Total depth 9 meters. Excavated before 5.3 meters. Sand and papers and limestone debris. Chamber on south. Cut in rock. Blocked with stones and bound with cement, because we found the remains of the blocking on east. Reached the rock in shaft. The chamber not yet cleared.
Monday, November 29, 1937
(1) G 2041 A
(1) G 2041
East of this mastaba in exposing the shafts in that place. Limestone debris, dubsh, pebble black debris and broken mud-brick. Exposed one shaft. Not numbered yet and not started in it.
G 2041 A: In chamber. North-south coffin (cut in rock). Lid gone. Empty. Also in the southeast corner appears a canopic pit. Cut in rock, empty. Cleared. Drawing on page 568.
Tuesday, November 30, 1937
Day of rest.
Mohammed Said left for Quft for ten days for the small Bairam.
microfilm: end page 567
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 11/27/1937; 11/28/1937; 11/29/1937; 11/30/1937
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)