microfilm: begin page 597
Friday, January 14, 1938 (continued)
(1) G 2042a (continued)
G 2042a C. Drawing of shaft.
G 2042a D: In shaft. Lined with rubble above and rock-cut below it is north of C. Total depth 3.4 meters. Red debris and pebble. Chamber on west. Cut in rock. Blocked with rubble and with traces of mud bound. Left for photo.
G 2042a X: In shaft and chamber. Lined with masonry to the beginning of the rock. It is in the chapel of that mastaba on north. East of D. Total depth 1.75 meters. Sand and drift papers. Chamber on south. Built of stones and roofed with slabs, partly missing on south. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2042a Y: In shaft and chamber. Lined with rubble to the limestone filling of the mastaba. East of shaft G 2042b E and south of the southeast corner of G 2042a. Total depth 1.2 meters. Drift sand and silt deposited with rain. Chamber on west built of rubble, only on north the lining of the mastaba. Roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2042a Z: In shaft and chamber. Lined with rubble to the beginning of the bad rock. It is east of the serdab. Total depth 1.32 meters. Limestone debris, pebble and red debris. Chamber in shaft. Roof gone. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 597
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)