microfilm: begin page 550
Saturday, October 30, 1937 (continued)
(2) G 2035b (continued)
G 2035b B: In shaft and chamber. Lined with dubsh to the beginning of the rock. It is north of A and south of C. Total depth 1.9 meters. Sand, limestone debris and pebble. Chamber on south. Lined with dubsh and bound with mud. Roofed with stones. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2035b C: In shaft. It is lined with dubsh above and rock-cut below (red rock mixed with pebble) and the rial rock below. It is north of B and south of X. Down 2.5 meters. Red sand, pebble and sand. Not reached the rock in shaft and not reached the chamber. Drawing of the mastaba in which the work resumed today.
Sunday, October 31, 1937
(1) G 2035a
(2) G 2035b X, Y
(1) East of G 2035a
East of this mastaba. West of G 2040 and north of G 2025 and G 2036. Search for new mastabas and shafts in this place for drawing. Limestone debris, dubsh, stones, sand, and pebbles. Exposed some new shafts and mastabas but not yet numbered, and not yet started in them.
(2) G 2035b
G 2035b X: In shaft. Lined with stones above and dubsh underneath to the beginning of the rock. It is west of Y and north of the mastaba. Total depth 3.18 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh sand and pebble. Ended at rock. No chamber.
G 2035b Y: In shaft and chamber. Lined with rock above and rock-cut below. Total depth 3.373 meters. Excavated before 2 meters. Red sand, pebble, limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing on page 551.
microfilm: end page 550
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/30/1937; 10/31/1937
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)