microfilm: begin page 151
Saturday, October 19, 1935
(1)G 2338 C
(2) G 2347 Y, Z [= G 5551]
(3) G 2357 D, P, S, W [= G 5555 & G 5561]
(1) G 2338
G 2338 C: Removed the chamber blocking. Total depth 2.32 meters. Stones, dubsh and some mud bound. Body. Head on north. East of the head of the body we found a wooden headrest (decayed). Body and headrest left for photo. We exposed only that one chamber in this shaft.
(2) G 2347
G 2347 Y [= G 5551 Y]: Removed the chamber blocking. Two stones, we broke them. A coffin appears in chamber cut in rock from south to north. Inside the coffin body, head on north. The body covered with debris and two fragments, dubsh. East of the coffin leg of the body thrown. Body, debris and dubsh left for photo.
G 2347 Z [= G 5551 Z]: Removed the chamber blocking. One big stone (broken), some dubsh and some mud bound. In chamber black debris and limestone debris. Found in chamber debris: head and scattered bones. Cleared. Drawing.
(3) G 2357
G 2357 D [= G 5555 D]: Removed chamber I blocking. Mud brick and some dubsh. Offering model dish appears in chamber and underneath some debris. Offering dish left for photo. Not reached the body.
G 2357 P [= G 5561 P]: Removed the chamber blocking. Dubsh and limestone debris. In chamber, limestone debris, dubsh and broken mud brick. Found in chamber debris: two heads and skeletons of two bodies. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 151
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)