microfilm: begin page 127
Wednesday, September 25, 1935 (continued)
(2) G 2185 (continued)
Drawing of G 2185 A
(3) G 2192 (continued)
Tracing of the inscribed lintel stone [inscribed for Inenka] [35-9-32].
(4) G 2339
G 2339 C: Removed the chamber blocking. Removed the roof stones which is thrown into the chamber. Two small stones and some dubsh and bound mud in the blocking. Also limestone debris and black debris. Underneath three stones and two small pieces of dubsh. It is the roof of the chamber which is thrown inside the chamber. Lined with mud brick. Open and empty. Drawing.
G 2339 D: Removed chamber blocking. Two stones, dubsh and mud bound. In chamber silt deposited by rain. Body. Head on north. Model dish beside the body legs. Body and the dish left for photo.
(5) G 2347
G 2347 A [= G 5551 A]: Removed the coffin lid which is cut in rock, from north to south. The lid consists of two stones. The south stone is bigger than the north stone, they are bound with gypsum. A body appears inside the coffin. Head on north. Left for photo. This shaft was excavated before in 1933, but now we found the coffin.
G 2347 B [= G 5551 B]: In shaft. Small shaft. Lined with mud brick. It is east of A. Total depth 1.15 meters. White limestone debris, potsherds and broken mud brick. Chamber on south lined with mud brick. Roofed with mud brick. No blocking. Open and empty. Drawing on page 128.
microfilm: end page 127
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- Inenka (in G 2192)
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Fragment of limestone lintel (35-9-32) inscribed for Inenka, identified as [Hrj-pr pr-aA] major-domo of the Great House; found displaced on top of G 2192.
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)