microfilm: begin page 88
Monday, July 29, 1935 (continued)
(4) G 4813
To expose the corner of the mastaba. The northwest corner and the southwest corner. Limestone debris and dubsh. Exposed the corners.
Tuesday, July 30, 1935
Day of rest.
Wednesday, July 31, 1935
(1) G 4512 B
(2) G 4517 A
(3) G 4920 [A]
(1) G 4512
G 4512 B: Removed the chamber roof. Sand dubsh and one big stone. Body head on north. Near the body legs one pot appear[s]. Body left for photo.
(2) G 4517
G 4517 A: Removed the chamber roof. The chamber is in the shaft from north to south. Stone and dubsh. Body head on WS [west south?]. Left for photo.
(3) G 4920
G 4920 A: In shaft. It is lined with stones above and rock below. It is north of this mastaba. Total depth 4.3 meters. Excavated before 3.2 meters. Sand and limestone debris. Chamber on west cut in rock. Blocked with dubsh and bound with gypsum. The rock of this shaft is very bad on the four sides.
Thursday, August 1, 1935
(1) G 4733 A
(2) G 4734 B, C
(1) G 4733
G 4733 A: In shaft. It is cut in rock. Total depth 1.6 meters. Sand, papers, dubsh and limestone debris. Chamber on west. Cut in rock. It is the same as the rock-cut tomb with sloping passage. No blocking. Lined with stones and opened on shaft G 4733 E. Open and empty. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 88
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 07/29/1935; 07/30/1935; 07/31/1935; 08/01/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)