microfilm: begin page 171
Monday, November 18, 1935 (continued)
(2) G 4519 (continued)
G 4519 H: Removed the chamber blocking. Stones, limestone debris and sand. Broken bones of a body without head, left for photo.
G 4519 K: Removed the chamber blocking and removed the roof. Mud brick, and above the body limestone debris, dubsh and black debris. Body head on north, left for photo.
G 4519 M: Removed the chamber blocking: mud brick, and in the chamber black debris. Small coffin cut in rock from north to south without lid appears in the chamber, and inside the coffin bones of body. Left for photo.
G 4519 N: Removed the chamber roof: stones we break from the roof, sand and silt deposited by rain above the body. Body head on north, left for photo.
(3) G 4611
G 4611 A: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones above and rock below. Total depth 7.1 meters. Excavated before 6.75 meters. Black debris, some papers, sand and stones we break. Chamber on south, cut in rock. No blocking. Coffin cut in rock from north to south and the lid thrown on east, empty, appears in chamber on west. On west of the chamber a cut in rock from north to south, without blocking. It was for a body to lay in before. The shaft is cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 171
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)