microfilm: begin page 139
Saturday, October 5, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 2357 (continued)
G 2357 B [= G 5554 B]: In shaft. Lined with mud brick above and rock below. It is south of A and north of C. Total depth 4.7 meters (rock 1.25 meters). Limestone debris, black debris and some dubsh. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Found in shaft debris: potsherds. Reached the rock in shaft. The chamber not yet cleared.
G 2357 C [= G 5555 C]: In shaft. Lined with stones above and underneath lined with dubsh. It is south of B. Down 2.45 meters. Limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber I appears on west. Lined with dubsh and roofed with four stones. No blocking. Found in chamber debris: head and broken bones of a body. Cleared chamber I and not reached the rock in shaft.
(2) G 2381
In digging holes into the rooms of this mastaba. Limestone debris, dubsh, black debris and underneath white limestone debris. Reached the rock in the two holes for drawing.
Sunday, October 6, 1935
(1) G 2357 B, C, D, Y, Z [= G 5554 & G 5555 & G 5561]
(1) G 2357
G 2357 B [= G 5554 B]: In chamber. It was excavated on 1933. Limestone debris and black debris. A coffin cut in rock from north to south appears. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2357 C [= G 5555 C]: In shaft. Total depth 2.55 meters. Limestone debris and dubsh. Reached the rock in shaft. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2357 D [= G 5555 D]: In shaft. It is south of C. Lined with mud brick. Down 1.8 meters. Limestone debris and black debris. Chamber I appears. On east blocked with two big fragments of mud brick and some small dubsh. Blocking left for photo. Not reached the rock in shaft.
microfilm: end page 139
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/05/1935; 10/06/1935
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)