microfilm: begin page 293
Thursday, April 9, 1936 (continued)
(4) G 2012
On top of the mastaba, lined with stones, partly destroyed on south. It is south of G 2009, east of G 2010 and north of Junker's excavations. Drift sand and some (broken stones). Remains of shafts not yet exposed and not yet numbered.
(5) G 2130
On the top of the mastaba, south of shaft and west of the room, in exposing the dubsh walls and the casing. Limestone debris, sand, dubsh and stones.
(6) G 2402
On the top of the mastaba. In exposing the shafts. Limestone debris, dubsh, sand and potsherds.
Friday, April 10, 1936
(1) G 2009 B
(2) G 2010 A, B, C
(3) G 2012
(4) G 2402
(1) G 2009
G 2009 B: Removed the body from chamber II, and left the wooden fragments from the coffin in the chamber. Cleared. Drawing.
(2) G 2010
G 2010 A: Removed the chamber blocking. Lined with stones, dubsh, mud bound and limestone debris underneath. Body, head on north. Left for photo.
G 2010 B: Removed the chamber blocking. Lined with dubsh, only on east lined with stones. Dubsh, mud bound and limestone debris underneath. Body, head on north. Left for photo.
G 2010 C: Removed the chamber blocking. Lined with stones, dubsh, mud bound, and limestone debris underneath. Body, head on north, left for photo.
(3) G 2012
On the top of the mastaba. Drift sand and underneath limestone debris, pebble and potsherds. Exposed the shafts A, B, C, D. Not yet started in shafts.
microfilm: end page 293
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- Hermann Junker, German, 1877–1962
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates German, 1877–1962
- Remarks Egyptologist, Director of German-Austrian expedition to Giza, 1911–1929. Published 12 volumes of final excavation reports from Giza expedition. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)