microfilm: begin page 48
Saturday, May 11, 1935 (continued)
(2) G 1163 [= G 1163+1166] (continued)
Drawing of G 1163 C
(3) G 1166 [= G 1163+1166]
G 1166 B: Removed chamber II blocking. Stones and dubsh. Scattered bones of body [35-5-7] head on north appear in chamber. Body left for photo.
G 1166 D: In shaft. Lined with stones and mud brick above and rock below. Total depth 2 meters. Sand, black debris and potsherds. Chamber on east running to south cut in rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
(4) G 1172+62 [= G 1162+1172]
G 1172+62 A: Removed chamber blocking. Stones and dubsh. Head and debris appears in chamber. Head left for photo.
G 1172+62 B: Removed chamber blocking. Stones and dubsh. A coffin cut in rock appears in chamber from north to south. Fragment of lid of the coffin on the coffin on north. Scattered bones in the coffin. Coffin and bone left for photo.
Sunday, May 12, 1935
(1) G 1157 and pits C, D, E
(1) G 1157
On top of the mastaba. Stones, dubsh and limestone debris. Exposed the pits C, D, E.
G 1157 C: In shaft. Lined with dubsh above. Down 70 cm. Sand and limestone debris. Chamber roof appears in middle. Roofed with stones and bound with mud. Chamber roof left for photo. Not reached the rock in shaft.
G 1157 D: In shaft. Lined with dubsh above. Down 60 cm. Sand and limestone debris. Chamber roof appears in the middle. Roofed with three stones bound with mud. Roof left for photo. Not reached the rock in shaft.
G 1157 E: In shaft. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. Total depth 4.7 meters. White limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber on west cut into rock. Blocked with dubsh. Blocking left for photo. Found in shaft debris: fragment of sandstone [whetstone] with green stain copper [35-5-4].
microfilm: end page 48
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 05/11/1935; 05/12/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)