microfilm: begin page 83
Thursday, July 25, 1935 (continued)
(2) G 2377
G 2377 A: In shaft. Lined with stones and mud brick and rock below except the west side underneath the stone is rock. It is east of shaft G 2376 A. Total depth 7.1 meters. Excavated before 6.45 meters. Limestone debris and black debris. Chamber west cut in rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
(3) G 4512
G 4512 A: In shaft. Lined with stones above and rock below. Total depth 6.7 meters. Excavated before 5.9 meters. Limestone debris and drift sand. Chamber on west cut in rock. No blocking. Only on east lined with stones. Coffin cut in rock appears in the chamber from north to south. The lid gone empty. Also west of the coffin a cut in rock appears from north to south same as a coffin. Cleared. Drawing on page 84.
Friday, July 26, 1935
(1) G 2378 B
(2) G 4310 A
(1) G 2377
East of this shaft G 2377 A. Two shafts one on south and the other on north of it. Not numbered.
G 2377 B: In shaft. Lined with dubsh. Total depth 2.95 meters. Drift sand and dubsh. Cleared on mud floor above the limestone debris. No chamber.
Serdab of G 2378. In shaft. Lined with dubsh and the dubsh thrown into the shaft below. Down 1.7 meters. Drift sand and dubsh. A hole appears on east. Not reached the floor.
(2) G 4310
G 4310 A: Removed the body from the wooden coffin.
Saturday, July 27, 1935
(1) G 2379 A
(1) G 2379
G 2379 A: In shaft. Long from north to south. Lined with dubsh and mud brick above and rock below. Some of the building gone. It is northeast of G 2378 A. Total depth 11.65 meters. Excavated before 10 meters. Black debris and papers and underneath limestone debris and sand. Chamber on south cut in rock. No blocking. A coffin cut in rock appears in
microfilm: end page 83
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 07/25/1935; 07/26/1935; 07/27/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)