microfilm: begin page 143
Wednesday, October 9, 1935 (continued)
(2) G 2357 (continued)
G 2357 Q [= G 5561 Q]: In chamber. Limestone debris and black debris and some debris mixed with white salt. Found in chamber debris: head and bones of body (broken). Cleared. Drawing.
G 2357 W [= G 5561 W]: In shaft. It is north of U and south of V. Lined with mud brick and dubsh and rock below. Total depth 3.8 meters. Excavated before 2.2 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and black debris. Chamber on west. Cut in rock. Blocked with three stones and some dubsh. Bound with mud. Reached the rock in shaft. Blocking left for photo.
Thursday, October 10, 1935
(1) G 2187 B, C, D, E, F, G
(1) G 2187
G 2187 B: In shaft and chamber. Total depth 3.45 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh, black debris and potsherds. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Found in chamber debris: head and bones of a body. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2187 C: In shaft. It is north of B and south of D. Lined with dubsh. Total depth 1.65 meters. Excavated before 1.1 meters. Limestone debris and black debris. Chamber in the middle of the shaft. Lined with dubsh from north to south. Roof gone. Found in chamber debris: scattered bones. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 143
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/09/1935; 10/10/1935
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)