microfilm: begin page 294
Friday, April 10, 1936 (continued)
(4) G 2402
On the top of the mastaba. Limestone debris, dubsh, sand and potsherds. Shafts not yet exposed.
Saturday, April 11, 1936
(1) G 2010 A, B, C, X, Y
(2) G 2012 A, B
(3) G 2402
(1) G 2010
G 2010 A: Removed the body from the chamber and also the roof. Stones from the roof. Cleared. Drawing.
After removing the body from the chamber, we expose[d] on the south shaft A(2), not yet started into shaft.
G 2010 B: Removed the body from the chamber and cleared it. Drawing.
G 2010 C: Removed the body from the chamber and cleared it. Drawing.
G 2010 X: Removed the chamber blocking, and removed the roof. Lined with stones, some dubsh and bound with gypsum. Dubsh, mud bound from the blocking and stones from the roof. Body, head on north. After removing the body we found shaft G 2010 X(2), not yet started in shaft G 2010 X(2). Drawing.
microfilm: end page 294
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)