microfilm: begin page 52
Saturday, May 18, 1935 (continued)
(4) G 2210
On west of the mastaba to expose the end of the building. Sand, dubsh, limestone debris and pebbles.
Sunday, May 19, 1935
(1) G 1058 A
(2) G 1160 A, B
(1) G 1058
G 1058 A: Removed chamber II blocking. Stones, dubsh, and mud binding and underneath limestone debris and pebbles. Body [35-5-24] head on north. Body left for photo.
(2) G 1160
G 1160 A: In chamber I. Sand and limestone debris. Body [35-5-28] head on north. Body left for photo.
G 1160 B: In chamber. Sand. Body [35-5-29] head on north. Body left for photo.
Monday, May 20, 1935
(1) G 1055 A, G
(2) G 1058 A
(3) G 1157 C, D
(4) G 1160 A, B
(1) G 1055
G 1055 A: Removed the body [35-5-22] from chamber. Cleared. Drawing.
G 1055 G: Total depth 2.2 meters. Removed the scattered bones [35-5-23] from chamber II. Cleared. Drawing.
(2) G 1058
G 1058 A: In chamber II and in shaft. Removed the skeleton [35-5-24] from chamber II. The shaft. Total depth 7 meters. Limestone debris, pebbles and debris. Reached the rock in shaft. No chamber III. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 52
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 05/18/1935; 05/19/1935; 05/20/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)