microfilm: begin page 111
Wednesday, August 28, 1935 (continued)
(6) G 5332 (continued)
Drawing of G 5332 X
Drawing of mastaba G 5332 and shafts.
Thursday, August 29, 1935
(1) G 2320 I [= G 5280]
(1) G 2320 [= G 5280]
G 2320 I [= G 5280 I]: In shaft. Lined with mud brick above for 1.55 meters and underneath one stone course and rock below. It is west of mastaba G 2320. Down 4.75 meters. White limestone debris, dubsh and underneath sand mixed with limestone debris, and some papers. Chamber appears on the beginning of the building on top. On south lined with dubsh. Roof gone. No blocking. Excavated before. Not reached the rock in shaft. Chamber not yet exposed. We search for the big shaft in the mastaba, because all the shafts are small. We found shaft G 2320 I and we exposed the small chamber first. Then the Mudir order[ed] us to dig again in this shaft, because they exposed the small shaft before, and the Mudir told us that we did not excavate this shaft before. We began to dig into this shaft. Drawing on page 112.
microfilm: end page 111
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 08/28/1935; 08/29/1935
- Mentioned on page
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)