microfilm: begin page 19
Wednesday, February 20, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 1201 (continued)
G 1201 V: Lined with stones and rock below. Total depth 2.77 meters. Drift sand, papers, limestone debris, stones, dubsh and mud. Chamber on south lined with stones and mud and rock below. No blocking. It was roofed with stones. Two roof stones in chamber. Found in shaft debris: fragments of alabaster [35-2-19], some are well made, sandstone with stain copper [35-2-20]. Found in chamber debris: skeleton [35-2-21]. Cleared it. Drawing.
G 1201 Z: In chamber. Drift sand, stones and dubsh. Cleared it. Drawing.
Thursday, February 21, 1935
(1) G 1055 A, G
(2) G 1058 A
(3) G 1063 D, E, H
(4) G 1102 add. [= addition] F
(5) G 1201 U
(1) G 1055
G 1055 A: Lined with dubsh. Rock below. Sand, dubsh, limestone debris, stones and pebbles. Chamber on east cut in rock. Blocked with one stone and some dubsh. Reached the rock in shaft. Blocking left for photo.
G 1055 G: Lined with pebbles and cut in small and big pebbles. Rock below. Down 1.45 meters. Sand and pebbles. No blocking. Chamber II appears in shaft roofed with three stones and some dubsh bound with mud. Cleared chamber I. Chamber II roof left for photo.
microfilm: end page 19
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 02/20/1935; 02/21/1935
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)