microfilm: begin page 123
Thursday, September 19, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 2184 (continued)
Drawing of G 2184 V
[ILLUSTRATION/GLYPHS] [35-9-20a, 35-9-20b]
G 2184 X: In shaft. Small shaft. Lined with dubsh and rock below. It is south of mastaba G 2184 and west of V and east of Y. Down 2.2 meters. Sand, stones and dubsh. Not reached the rock in shaft.
G 2184 Y: In shaft. Small shaft. Lined dubsh south of mastaba G 2184. It is west of X. Total depth 1.25 meters. Excavated before 80 cm. Sand, limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber on south lined with dubsh. Roof gone. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
(2) G 2185
On top of the mastaba. On south. Limestone debris, dubsh, black debris and potsherds. Found in debris: inscribed limestone fragment. Exposed the corners of the shafts of this mastaba.
(3) G 2339
G 2339 B: In shaft and chamber. Total depth 3.75 meters. Black debris, dubsh and limestone debris. Chamber on east running to south cut in rock. No blocking. Broken into shaft B of G 2338 on south. Cleared. Drawing on page 124.
(4) G 2348
G 2348 X [= G 5510 X]: In shaft. Lined with mud brick and stones. It is between G 2348 and G 2337. It is east of shaft west of G 2337. Total depth 1.4 meters. Limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber on south lined with stones. Roofed with stones. Blocked with stone and some dubsh and bound with mud. Blocking left for photo.
microfilm: end page 123
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)