microfilm: begin page 173
Wednesday, November 20, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 4511 (continued)
Drawing of G 4511
(2) G 4514
On the top of the mastaba. Lined with dubsh. East of G 4510 on north, west of G 4610 and north of G 4515. White limestone debris, dubsh and potsherds. Exposed shaft D. We exposed three shafts before A,B,C
G 4514 A: In the shaft. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. It is the first shaft in the mastaba on north. It is north of D. Total depth 2.7 meters. Excavated before 1.4 meters. Drift sand. Chamber on south, cut in rock. Blocked with stones and dubsh: bound with mud. Blocking left for photo.
G 4514 B: In shaft. Small shaft. Lined with dubsh. South of D and north of C. Total depth 1.55 meters. Excavated before 1.4 meters. Drift sand. Chamber on south, cut in rock. Blocked with stones and dubsh, bound with mud. Blocking left for photo.
G 4514 C: In shaft. Lined with stones above and rock below. It is south of B. It is at the end of the mastaba on south total depth 3.5 meters. Excavated before 2.3 meters. Sand and black debris. Chamber on west, cut in rock. Blocked with two stones and underneath them dubsh and bound with mud. Blocking left for photo.
G 4514 D: In shaft. It is small shaft. Lined with dubsh. South of A and north of B. Total depth 1.6 meters. White limestone debris, potsherds and dubsh. Chamber on west. Lined with dubsh. Blocked with dubsh and pot, bound with mud. Blocking left for photo.
Drawing of the shafts of the mastaba.
microfilm: end page 173
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Junker, Hermann. Gîza 9. Das Mittelfeld des Westfriedhofs. Bericht über die von der Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien auf gemeinsame Kosten mit Dr. Wilhelm Pelizaeus unternommenen Grabungen auf dem Friedhof des Alten Reiches bei den Pyramiden von Giza. Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien Philosophisch-historische Klasse Denkschriften 73, Abhandlung 2. Vienna: Rudolph M. Rohrer, 1950.
- Date: 1950
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)