microfilm: begin page 336
Friday, April 30, 1926 (continued)
(3) G 7247 (continued)
G 7247 G: Clearing debris. Depth 8.0
(4) G 7249
Clearing to west of room G and removing debris by Line VII.
(5) G 7251
G 7251 E: Clearing debris. Chamber on west. Down 4.50.
G 7251 F: Down 2.50.
(6) G 7000 X
Drew plan (295) showing line of hieroglyphs and also (Z)-3.
Removed No. 412: (1)-(15). There fifteen hieroglyphs (gold) are from the middle line, part of which has already been removed.
The signs [GLYPHS] are visible but were left as a marker for the name which must be under decayed wood further south.
Removed 413: (1)-(23) the frame and inlays of (Z)-3.
Removed some of the decayed wood powder around southwest and west side of eastern palm capital exposing 413 (24)-(30).
Drew supplementary plan to 413 (24)-(30)
Removed 413: (24)-(30).
*A3798: eastern part of area in hand
*A3799: western part of area in hand
microfilm: end page 336
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- Hetepheres I (G 7000 X)
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
Junker, Hermann. Gîza 7. Der Ostabschnitt des Westfriedhofs, Erster Teil. Bericht über die von der Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien auf gemeinsame Kosten mit Dr. Wilhelm Pelizaeus unternommenen Grabungen auf dem Friedhof des Alten Reiches bei den Pyramiden von Giza. Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien Philosophisch-historische Klasse Denkschriften 72, Abhandlung 3. Vienna & Leipzig: Hölder-Pichler-Tempsky, 1943.
- Date: 1944
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Wife of King Snefru, founder of Egypt’s Fourth Dynasty, and mother of King Khufu, builder of the Great Pyramid. Her burial was hidden in a secret chamber (labeled G 7000 X) nearly 90 feet underground, and contained beautiful pieces of gilded and inlaid wooden furniture, silver jewelry, and a large alabaster sarcophagus that was found to be mysteriously empty.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)