microfilm: begin page 877
Wednesday, February 20, 1929 (continued)
(3) G 7560
G 7560 Z: Removed debris in front of casing stones of room. The stones now visible are the backs of the casing of north wall of room.
The room appears to be square, and debris this level and apparently water-borne, to a level with the top of sarcophagus which is just visible. The only break in the casing masonry is one stone, which lies on top of debris in room, and appears to have been washed in by rain.
(4) G 7564
Removing late graves. Uncovered pit G 7500 Z in rock off northwest corner of mastaba.
(5) West of G 7565
Between G 7566 and G 7565. Clearing rubble of late graves.
(6) G 7566
G 7566 C: In chamber. Cleared.
(7) G 7567
G 7567 B: Depth 3 meters. Room on west; rubble.
G 7567 C: In chamber.
G 7567 Z: Depth 1.8 meters. Built of mud brick and rubble; on west side in G 7567. No chamber.
(8) G 7568
G 7568 C: Depth 2.5 meters. Built of rubble. No chamber.
G 7568 D: Depth 2.35 meters. Built of rubble. Room on north. Found in room debris: small jar [29-2-74].
G 7568 E: Depth 1.3 meters. Built of mud and rubble. Room on east. Found in debris: small libation basin of Inj [Tjenti, 29-2-75].
microfilm: end page 877
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Mentioned on page
- Tjenti (near G 7568)
Junker, Hermann. Gîza 8. Der Ostabschnitt des Westfriedhofs, Zweiter Teil. Bericht über die von der Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien auf gemeinsame Kosten mit Dr. Wilhelm Pelizaeus unternommenen Grabungen auf dem Friedhof des Alten Reiches bei den Pyramiden von Giza. Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien Philosophisch-historische Klasse Denkschriften 73, Abhandlung 1. Vienna: Rudolph M. Rohrer, 1947.
- Date: 1947
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Two limestone offering basins inscribed for the scribe Tjenti. One basin (29-2-63) found in G 7000 SE 110 (Vol.22.p.872). Other basin (29-2-75) found in G 7568 E (according to excavation diary) or G 7000 SE 116 (according to object register); according to excavation diary for February 20, 1929 (Vol.22.p.877) this basin was found in G 7568 E, which is mentioned in the diary, but does not appear on maps and plans of this area and tomb; according to excavation diary also for February 20, 1929 (Vol.22.p.878) G 7000 SE 116, which abutts E face of G 7568, was empty; it seems G 7568 E and G 7000 SE 116 might be the same pit.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)