microfilm: begin page 23
Thursday, January 25, 1912 (continued)
[No. 48 = G 2165 X (continued)]
faience beads and figures.
The bottom of the great shaft of Lepsius 23 [= G 2000] has not yet been reached.
Friday, January 26, 1912
The weather for the past week has been very fine, warmer and scarcely any wind. Continued measuring up pits.
No. 21 [= G 2143 B] was a shaft 3.1 meters deep of which 2.07 meters was masonry, the rest in rock. The burial chamber was merely an irregular cave cut in rock and in natural gravel, of which a large vein cut across diagonally. An adult body lay on left side; head north, turned partly face down so that the left arm came behind body, the right shoulder forward, arms and legs contracted.
No. 23 [= G 2143 D] was a well preserved adult skeleton lying on right side, head north, legs contracted and right arm, but left arm straight at side. Body lay in a regularly built chamber .56 meters by 1.55 meter opening from a rubble lined pit.
No. 24 [= G 2143 C] was a poor grave, the chamber being almost wholly cut in the same stratum of gravel that ran through No. 21 [= G 2143 B]. This chamber opened to the south, and to the west was either a niche or the beginning of another chamber [ILLUSTRATION]. The upper legs only of this burial were in situ, lying to south. The ribs, skull
microfilm: end page 23
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 01/25/1912; 01/26/1912
- Clarence Stanley Fisher, American, 1876–1941
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1876–1941
- Remarks Archaeologist and architect. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)