microfilm: begin page 73
Thursday, December 26, 1912
Interior of niche (north) of G 2000 was finished. There does not appear to be any serdab. The actual niche on the each face is unfinished. The stone is laid in layers (courses), great blocks with smaller stones used as packing [ILLUSTRATION]. North of the niche the top of a mastaba, G 2501, has appeared.
Pit 2379 A is still in hand.
Friday, December 27, 1912
Work on front of niche of G 2000. Fragment of a brewer's statuette [12-12-215] in G 2501.
Pit 2379 still in hand.
Removed first stone in block of passage G 2381 A. Iron rods slipped. Broke entrance, and slipped rope behind stone.
Masonry of new workroom finished.
Saturday, December 28, 1912
Efforts to draw out second stone in G 2381 A failed. All but the last meter of the stone was broken away. Then an attempt to pull out this piece failed.
In G 2379 A, reached entrance to chamber.
G 2501 in front of pit in which fragment of brewer's statuette was found, found in debris head and feet of limestone statuette [12-12-216]. The name appears to have been marked in ink (?); but it is quite illegible.
The north niche of G 2500 [sic!, G 2000] begins about 150 cm above the desert floor on which the small mastabas are built [ILLUSTRATION]. It appears as if the small mastabas were in ruins when the niche was built. There do not appear to be any
microfilm: end page 73
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/26/1912; 12/27/1912; 12/28/1912
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)