microfilm: begin page 55
Thursday, November 26, 1914 (continued)
Between G 5232 - G 5233 and G 5330, built up solid with mastaba work (including x pits).
In G 5330 A, Old Kingdom pottery, etc. In the middle, extension of offering room, floor rubbed by turning drag of door. No trace of any statue room.
Behind G 5230 W, sand carried out to north wall of G 5110.
Friday, November 27, 1914
Weather ended with intermittent heavy showers lasting from sunset yesterday all night. As weather was still threatening stopped work for the day. About 11 a.m. storm came up from the north, turning into fierce sandstorm. Gradually shifted northwest and then west. Held west all night.
Saturday, November 28, 1914
Contrary to my expectations wind continued all night from west. Morning cold, clear with heavy west wind. It is now nearly two months that the evil southwest weather had held with only an occasional day of north wind. I do not remember anything like it.
Work between G 5230 S and G 5220, also between G 5231 and G 5232 and G 5330, also pit and offering chamber of G 5330, also behind G 5330 W.
Between G 5230 S and G 5220 clearing sand from eastern part of space. Space occupied by four nearly destroyed mastabas, apparently later in date than G 5230 S. The superstructures are nearly destroyed but the pits are mostly unviolated. Except for the eastern one which is higher and
microfilm: end page 55
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 11/26/1914; 11/27/1914; 11/28/1914
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)