microfilm: begin page 21
Wednesday, January 24, 1912 (continued)
while those next are considerably deeper. They run only to surface of rock while the others are cut down through it.
The gang which was working between IX [3 = G 2150] and VIII 3 [= G 2140] is now following along the east side of IX 3 [= G 2150]. Here the facing is of finely dressed large block of sandstone [nummulitic limestone], with sloping face. There is a door near southeast corner with sculptured jambs, with a small chamber covered with reliefs. The upper blocks of this are displaced and several are missing.
Thursday, January 25, 1912
Began measuring up the pits so far uncovered.
No. 20 [= G 2143 X] near the southwest corner of IX 3 [= G 2150] is the best built of this group. In the side of the shaft and in chamber itself large cut blocks taken from the mastaba itself are used. One of the slabs used for roofing the chamber is a niche block [ILLUSTRATION]. The original burial was an adult but this body had been largely displaced for the second burial. Only the left arm was in situ, the rest of the bones, with exception of few vertebrae, being moved. The pelvis was at northwest corner of doorway and the skull inverted at opposite ends of spine. The second body was that of a child, not over a year old, length (without skull) 60 cm. The body had been wrapped in narrow bands of fine
microfilm: end page 21
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 01/24/1912; 01/25/1912
- Clarence Stanley Fisher, American, 1876–1941
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1876–1941
- Remarks Archaeologist and architect. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)