microfilm: begin page 56
Wednesday, December 11, 1912
North of G 2385 A:
From G 2385 A came a diorite bowl [ILLUSTRATION] [12-12-109], and a lot more offering cases.
In order to save men, Said had a box [ILLUSTRATION] put on wheels. This was filled with dirt and pulled up the incline of G 2385 A.
microfilm: end page 56
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Reis)
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Reis)
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1908–1926. In his "A History of the Giza Necropolis I," George A Reisner described Said Ahmed Said as "the most gifted foreman who ever worked for the expedition." Father of Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Head Reis 1936–1939), Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator), Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)