microfilm: begin page 188
Monday, February 8, 1926
72nd day of work.
(1) G 7000 X
(2) Avenue G 4
(3) G 7050
(4) G 7060
(5) G 7073 A, C
Line V to 8 am: 52, 8:30 to noon: 136, 1:00 - 4:30 pm: 112
The dump of Line V has reached the old dump of Line IV and the cars are now running on over Line IV to the end of the old dump. The dump is being worked around a small mastaba on the south edge of the field.
(1) G 7000 X
Nest of fragments under [Nos.] 11 - 15.
Removed Nos. 53 - 71 in the morning.
Under 53 - 58 were eight fragments and scraps numbers 59a-g.
No. 60: Fragment papyrus capital as 20a etc.
No. 56: Was also a sheet of papyrus capital like 20a etc.
Nos. 63, 68, 68: Were chunks of charcoal.
On the gold leaf in the southeast corner of lower pit are decayed fibers which cannot be dealt with at the moment. So we turned to the pieces overhanging the south edge of lower pit which are threatening to fall.
No. 69: Four sheets of gold leaf form leg of bed (?) or chair (?) in form of a lion's leg. The sheets were overlapping two side pieces (large) and two strip to cover front and back. One of the oval top pieces with dowels belongs to the top. One side of paw is broken off in two pieces (found).
microfilm: end page 188
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)