microfilm: begin page 65
Sunday, December 6, 1914 (continued)
had long talks with von Muller - he was beside himself at being taken, at having missed the chance to sink the transports. Von Muller is a slim, capable man, a gentleman and a fighter, but his luck had run out.
Monday, December 7, 1914
Weather seems settled fair at last after two months of general south-southwest weather. The weather reports show nothing unusual except abnormally high air pressure.
Russians seems to be losing ground in northern Poland.
Work as yesterday
(1) between G 5020 and G 5030 and westward
(2) on space between G 5210 and G 5220
(3) on offering room G 5110 and on pit G 5110 A
(2) Between G 5210 and G 5220
Fragments of relief in sand. Harder debris sloped away to east to foot of rubble wall.
(3) G 5110
Offering room of G 5110 built of fine white limestone. In south end, a deep serdab. South wall of offering room covered with beautiful relief. Fragments of alabaster statuette in serdab and decayed fragments of wooden statuette (?). Pit filling all sand.
Tuesday, December 8, 1914
Weather broken again.
Germans took Lodz on Sunday.
(1) offering room of G 5210
(2) space between G 5210 and G 5220
(3) offering room of G 5110
(4) pit of G 5110
(5) space between G 5030 and G 4930 north to south
Fragments of reliefs and of alabaster statues in (2) and (3).
(4) G 5110
In pit of G 5110, chamber has been cleared recently by thieves who had shifted the dirt into the western half.
microfilm: end page 65
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/06/1914; 12/07/1914; 12/08/1914
- Mentioned on page
- Captain von Muller
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Emden warship
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)