microfilm: begin page 142
Monday, October 7, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 2357 (continued)
G 2357 S [= G 5561 S]: In shaft. It is north of R and south of T. Lined with dubsh and mud brick and bound with plastered. Total depth 2.65 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and black debris. Chamber on east lined with dubsh. Roofed with stones. Blocked with one stone and some dubsh. On north on top some of the blocking gone. The remains left for photo.
G 2357 T [= G 5561 T]: In shaft. It is north of S and east of Z. It is in the end of the mastaba on northeast side. Lined with mud brick and dubsh and rock below. Total depth 3.6 meters. Limestone debris and black debris. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Body in chamber. Head on north. Left for photo.
Tuesday, October 8, 1935
Day of rest.
Wednesday, October 9, 1935
(1) G 2187 A, B and serdab
[(2) G 2357 P, Q, W] [= G 5561]
(1) G 2187
G 2187 A: In shaft and chamber. It is north of the serdab and south of B. It is the big shaft in the mastaba. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. Total depth 6.8 meters. Excavated before 6 meters. Sand and debris. Chamber on south. Cut in rock. No blocking. A hole cut in rock appears in the chamber on east. No blocking. Also hole cut in rock in chamber from north to south sand as a coffin or a place for a body. Cleared for drawing.
G 2187 B: In shaft. It is north of A and south of C. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. Down 2.2 meters. Excavated before 1.2 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and black debris. Not reached the rock in shaft. Not reached the chamber.
Serdab: In the serdab of the mastaba. The serdab is in the end of the mastaba on southeast side. South of shaft B, and west of the room. Lined with stones above and dubsh. Underneath dubsh bound with mud. Total H[eight] 1.4 meters. Excavated before 60 cm. Limestone debris, dubsh and some bones of a child. A window appear in the end of the building of the serdab on east. Lined with dubsh. They used this window when the statues were inside the serdab. Serdab cleared on a limestone floor on the rock.
(2) G 2357
G 2357 P [= G 5561 P]: In shaft. Rock below. Total depth 3.2 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and stones. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. Blocked with dubsh and some limestone debris. Reached the rock in shaft. Blocking left for photo.
microfilm: end page 142
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/07/1935; 10/08/1935; 10/09/1935
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)