microfilm: begin page 50
Thursday, May 16, 1935 (continued)
(3) G 1166 [= G 1163+1166]
G 1166 B: Removed the body [35-5-7] from chamber II. Cleared. Drawing.
(4) G 1172+62 [= G 1162+1172]
G 1172+62 A: Removed the skeleton from the chamber. Cleared. Drawing.
(5) G 1208
G 1208 B: Removed the objects which was found in chamber II: thirty-five small alabaster dishes, two small alabaster dishes broken, two alabaster ink pots, two alabaster kohl pots [alabaster model vessels: 35-5-9, 35-5-10, 35-5-11, 35-5-12], small copper chisels [copper tools: 35-5-13, 35-5-14, 35-5-15, 35-5-16, 35-5-17, 35-5-18, 35-5-19] and some broken potsherds from dishes [35-5-20]. Cleared chamber II. Chamber I not cleared.
(6) G 2210
G 2210 a: In room. Sand, limestone debris, dubsh and pebbles. Clear for drawing.
Friday, May 17, 1935
(1) G 1055 G
(2) G 1064 A
(3) G 2210
(1) G 1055
G 1055 G: Removed chamber roof. Stones and dubsh. Body [35-5-23] head on north. Body left for photo.
(2) G 1064
G 1064 A: Lined with dubsh and stones above and rock below. Total depth 1.6 meters. Excavated before 1.3 meters. Sand, pebbles and black debris. Chamber on east. Lined with stones and roofed with stones. No blocking. On north opened into another chamber of another pit. Found in chamber debris: scattered bones of two bodies [35-5-21]. Cleared. Drawing on page 51.
microfilm: end page 50
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 05/16/1935; 05/17/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)