microfilm: begin page 22
Thursday, January 25, 1912 (continued)
[No. 20 = G 2143 X (continued)]
texture linen, not wrapped in the usual mummy way [ILLUSTRATION] but with the limbs wrapped separately. The head had been torn off and was missing, as was the whole of the right arm, the lower left arm and both feet. The body was laid diagonally across chamber, head south of west and rested partly on the undisturbed arm of adult, and over several ribs, etc. of first burial. Bound in under wrappings across shoulders was a piece of wood of this section [ILLUSTRATION] and ca. 15 cm long. Fragments of a similar strip were found in the debris filling shaft. A single small spherical bead of blue faience in debris near body.
In other group, between VIII 4-5 [= G 2160 - G 2180] No. 42 [= G 2165 B] was a burial in a very shallow pit of mud brick, built against the core of VIII 4 [= G 2160]. The body was lying straight on back, head north, extending in slight hollows beyond either side of pit. Legs and arms were straight.
No. 48 [= G 2165 X] was a well built masonry pit with chamber. The body, an adult, lay on left side, head north, facing east. The arms were missing but apparently double before breast. Legs slightly contracted. Several fine carnelian [ILLUSTRATION] beads from debris and some
microfilm: end page 22
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Clarence Stanley Fisher, American, 1876–1941
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1876–1941
- Remarks Archaeologist and architect. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)