microfilm: begin page 63
Friday, December 4, 1914
Bitterly cold north wind blowing. Said decided to make this the day of rest for the men instead of Monday, as was done last week. He has authority from me to act on his own initiation - subject to reproval. The principle laid down for his guidance is simply - the good of the expedition. I find he improved under responsibility and freedom of action and has become increasingly valuable to the expedition.
Saturday, December 5, 1914
Wind changed to southwest during the night, driving me from indoors about 2:30 a.m.
Work resumed behind G 5230 and on street east of G 5110. Five strips laid out in front of G 5210, G 5220 and partially cleared.
Work on G 5221 A continues.
Sunday, December 6, 1914
Warm fine day - variable breezes.
Work behind G 5230 W now penetrating between G 5020 and G 5030 westward. Carrying out only sand as before.
Work on street between G 5110 and G 5220. Fragments
microfilm: end page 63
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/04/1914; 12/05/1914; 12/06/1914
- Mentioned on page
- Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Reis)
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1908–1926. In his "A History of the Giza Necropolis I," George A Reisner described Said Ahmed Said as "the most gifted foreman who ever worked for the expedition." Father of Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Head Reis 1936–1939), Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator), Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)