microfilm: begin page 12
Thursday, January 21, 1915 (continued)
(4) G 5131
Clearing pits of G 5131 and around walls. Sand over hard packed debris.
Friday, January 22, 1915
(1) street between G 5010 and G 5020
(2) Burial pits of G 5131
(3) Street south of G 5131
(4) Street and trench between G 5020 and G 5120, and remains of offering chamber of G 5020
(1) Between G 5010 and G 5020
Finished clearing street between G 5010 and G 5020. Remains of plaster mud walls.
(2) G 5131
Clearing pits A and B of G 5131. Dark debris under sand and limestone fragments.
(3) South of G 5131
Clearing trench south of G 5131. Dark debris mixed with pottery fragments.
(4) Between G 5020 and G 5120
Clearing trench along G 5120, west side, and offering chamber of G 5020, dark debris.
Saturday, January 23, 1915
(1) pits A, B, C, northeast of G 5010 end of street between G 5010 and G 5020
(2) Offering chamber, pits X and Y of G 5020 and street
(3) street north of G 5110
(4) G 5131, clearing pits
(1) [G 5012]
Clearing pits A, B, C at end of street northeast corner of G 5010. Dirt debris. In pit B fragments of large pottery plates.
(2) G 5020
Clearing offering chamber, pits X and Y, and mud plastered walls of G 5020. Dirt debris. In southwest corner of offering chamber an inscribed limestone blood basin [15-1-35, offering basin inscribed for Imhetep], in place.
(3) North of G 5110
Clearing street north of G 5110, of sand mixed with limestone fragments.
(4) G 5131
Clearing pits of G 5131, and along south side of G 5131.
Sunday, January 24, 1915
(1) Street north of G 5020 [?]
(2) Trench north of G 5020
(3) G 5131
(1) North of G 5110 [?]
Clearing street north of G 5110 of hard debris.
(2) North of G 5020
Started clearing trench along north side of G 5020. Hard debris mixed with pottery fragments.
microfilm: end page 12
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 01/21/1915; 01/22/1915; 01/23/1915; 01/24/1915
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Imhetep (G 5020)
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Owner of G 5020. Limestone offering basin (15-1-35) inscribed for Imhetep, identified as [rx nswt] royal acquaintance; found in situ in G 5020.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)