microfilm: begin page 852
Friday, December 29, 1939 (continued)
(2) G 5321 (continued)
G 5231 A: In shaft and chamber. Ends at rock. Lined with masonry topped with crude brick. It is north of B. Total depth 1.7 meters dirty debris and limestone debris. Chamber on west. Built of stones and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 5231 B: In shaft. Lined above with crude brick topped with masonry and cut in rock below. It is north of C and south of A. Total depth 3.1 meters. Dirty debris and limestone debris. Chamber on west. Blocked with stones and bound with traces of mud. Left for photo.
G 5231 C: In shaft. Lined above with rubble topped with crude brick and rock cut below. It is south of B and north of D. Total depth 1.55 meters. Dirty debris, limestone debris and rubble. No chamber. Type 7 X.
G 5231 D: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with masonry and cut in rock below. it is south of C. Total depth 4.65 meters excavated before 2 meters. Sand and drift papers. Chamber on west. Cut in rock. No blocking. In the chamber, decayed fragments of a wooden coffin. Inside the coffin was a body very broken and now underneath the wooden fragments. Left in place for photo.
(3) G 5232
A stone mastaba. North of G 5221 and south of G 5233. Chapel uninscribed opened to south, with a serdab, built of stones, north of the room. Also on west is an uninscribed niche. Two shafts A, B.
Sketch of G 5232 and G 5233.
microfilm: end page 852
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)