microfilm: begin page 855
Friday, December 29, 1939 (continued)
(2) G 5233 (continued)
G 5233 F: In shaft. Lined above with masonry and limestone debris underneath. It is west of G and southeast of D. Total depth 2.5 meters. Limestone debris, and stones. Chamber on north. Blocked with rubble and bound with traces of mud (partly gone on the upper part). Left for photo.
G 5233 G: In shaft and chamber. Lined with crude brick topped with masonry to the rock. East of F, west of G 5330. Total depth 2.3 meters. Dirty debris, limestone debris, rubble and stones. Chamber on north. Cut limestone filling and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Body head on north, left for photo.
Saturday, December 30, 1939
(1) G 5233 H, I, M, N, Q, R
(2) G 5234 and rock cut tomb A an shaft X
(3) G 5235 A, B, C and rock cut tomb E
(4) G 5236 A - G
(1) G 5233
G 5233 H: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with crude brick but only on west with masonry, and bad rock and limestone below. It is west of I. Total depth 2.85 meters. Limestone debris, rubble, sand and red debris. Chamber on west. Cut in bad rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 5233 I: In shaft and chamber. It is cut in limestone filling, but only on south with rubble. It is east of H and west of G 5330. Total depth 1.15 meters. Limestone debris and red debris. Chamber on south. Cut in bad rock. Roofed with slabs, all destroyed only one remains on north. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 5233 M: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with crude brick, but only on east with masonry. and cut in bad rock below. It is north of N. Total depth 3.78 meters. Dirty debris and limestone debris. In the chamber traces of bones. Chamber on west. Cut in bad rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 855
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/29/1939; 12/30/1939
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)