microfilm: begin page 937
Saturday, March 30, 1940 (continued)
(3) G 5233 (continued)
G 5233 O. drawing of shaft.
G 5233 P: In shaft. It is built of crude brick only on north with rubble. Roofed with slabs. No blocking, stones, dirty debris rubble and limestone debris. Cleared. Drawing.
Sunday, March 31, 1940
(1) G 2463a X
(2) G 2464 A, B, C, X, Y, Z
(3) G 2464a A
(4) G 2464b A, X
(5) top of G 2467 and east and north of it
(6) South of G 2475
(7) G 2476a
(1) G 2463a
G 2463a X: In shaft. Lined above with rubble and rock cut below. It is in the room of the mastaba and east of shaft A. Total depth 98 cm, broken crude brick, dirty debris, limestone debris and rubble. Ends at rock. No chamber. Type 7X.
(2) G 2364
G 2464 A: In shaft. Lined above with rubble and rock cut below. On top on south it is enlarged to the north about 50 cm. It is south of B, down 3.1 meters, limestone debris, rubble and dirty debris. Chamber on west cut in rock blocked with rubble and crude brick with traces of mud bound. Blocking left for photo. Not reached the rock in shaft and not reached the chamber.
G 2464 B: In shaft and chamber I. Lined above with rubble and rock cut below. It is north of A and south of C. Total depth 4.9 meters, limestone debris, rubble and potsherds. Contains of two chambers I and II.
Chamber I: on west, cut in rock. No blocking. Cleared. Empty.
Chamber II: on west, cut in rock, blocked with slabs and rubble and bound with traces of mud. It is underneath chamber I, left for photo.
G 2464 C: In shaft. Lined above with rubble and rock cut below. It is north of B and west of room a. Total depth 3.15 meters, limestone debris, rubble and dirty debris. Chamber on east cut in rock blocked with rubble resting on limestone debris and bound with mud, left for photo.
microfilm: end page 937
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 03/30/1940; 03/31/1940
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)