microfilm: begin page 839
Sunday, December 17, 1939 (continued)
(1) G 5411+12 [= G 5411 & G 5412] (continued)
G 5411+12 A [= G 5411 A]: In shaft. In cleaning it for drawing. It is cut in rock, only on west lined with stones and rubble. It is south of B. total depth 4.3 meters. Drift sand and papers. It is broken to the rock cut tomb C. Only in shaft in east side is a roofing stone. Cleared. Drawing.
G 5411+12 B [= G 5411 B]: In shaft. In cleaning it for drawing. It is north of A and south of the rock cut tomb C. Lined above with rubble only on south lining destroyed and rock cut below. Total depth 1.45 meters. Sand, limestone debris and drift papers. Ends at rock. No chamber. Type 7 X.
G 5411+12 C [= G 5411 C]: Rock cut tomb. In the rock cut tomb. Cut in rock. North of shaft C. Drift sand, silt deposited with rain and stones. Chamber on south. Cut in rock. No blocking. Door opened to north, with a passage running from north to south (sloping), built of stones, and some plugging stones remains in place in the chamber is a north-south coffin (stone coffin) with lid (displaced). In the chamber is a cut in rock on west. Chamber cleared but passage not yet cleared.
G 5411+12 D [= G 5412 D]: In shaft and chamber. In cleaning it for drawing. Lined above with rubble only on south and west destroyed and rock cut below. It is west of the mastabas. Total depth 1.6 meters. Dirty debris, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on south. Cut in rock. No blocking. "Perhaps they were going to use as a rock cut tomb but unfinished it." Cleared. Drawing.
Monday, December 18, 1939
(1) G 5330 A
(2) G 5411+12 C [= G 5411]
(1) G 5330
G 5330 A: In cleared around that shaft, because it might fall on the workers. Rubble, crude brick, limestone debris and rubble. Around it is cleared but not yet started in it.
(2) G 5411+12 [= G 5411]
G 5411+12 C [= G 5411 C]: In clearing the passage of the rock cut tomb. Drift sand. Cleared. Drawing on page 840.
microfilm: end page 839
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/17/1939; 12/18/1939
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)