microfilm: begin page 853
Friday, December 29, 1939 (continued)
(3) G 5232 (continued)
G 5232 A: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with crude brick and cut in bad and good rock below. It is south of B. Total depth 5.1 meter. Dirty debris, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. There is a step from the shaft to the chamber about 1 meter. On east is cut in rock: A north-south coffin with the western side destroyed but thrown inside the coffin, with lid. In the lid on the west side on north is inscription in sunk relief. Drawing of shaft and sketch of the inscription.
G 5232 B: In shaft. Ends at bad rock. Lined with crude brick and bound with traces of gypsum. It is north of A. Total depth 1.7 meters. Dirty debris, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on north. Blocked with two stones and bound with traces of mud. Left for photo.
(4) G 5233
A stone mastaba. On east is an inscribed niche. It is north of G 5232 and south of G 5231 - G 5234, with sixteen shafts. A-I and M-S. Drawing of mastaba on page 852.
G 5233 A: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with masonry and topped with crude brick and rock cut below. It is north of D and east of E. Total depth 4.86 meters. Excavated before 3 meters. Dirty debris, limestone debris, rubble and traces of bones in the chamber. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 853
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)