microfilm: begin page 926
Saturday, March 23, 1940 (continued)
(6) G 2445 (continued)
G 2445 C: In shaft and chamber. Ends at rock. Lined with crude brick topped with rubble. It is north of B. Total depth 1.95 meters, sand and limestone debris. Chamber in shaft roofed with a single slab. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2445 X: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones. It is in the street between G 2445 and G 2428, and east of the serdab and south of Y. Total depth 2.35 meters, sand, limestone debris, rubble and stones. Chamber on south built of stones on three sides and with crude brick on south. Roofed with slabs. Body, extended skeleton, head north above the limestone debris and the rubble. Found in shaft debris: basis of a limestone statuette with the legs, inscribed in sunk relief. That basis fits on the statuette found by us on January 31, east of G 2438, in the debris. Body left for photo. Chamber not yet cleared.
G 2445 Y: In shaft. It is built of stones, in the street north of shaft X. Total depth __ meters, limestone debris, rubble and sand. Chamber on north blocked with rubble and bound with mud, intact, left for photo.
G 2445 Z: In shaft. Ends at rock. Lined with masonry. It is west of the building of the mastaba and west of shaft A. Total depth 1.65 meters, sand, limestone debris, rubble and red debris. Chamber on west blocked with rough stone and bound with traces of mud, left for photo.
Drawing of G 2443-G 2444, G 2444a, G 2445 on page 927.
(7) G 2465
G 2465 D: Removed the bones of the skeleton from the shaft. Female. Empty. Drawing.
(8) G 2465a
G 2465a A: Removed the bones of the skeleton from the chamber. Male. Empty. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 926
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)