microfilm: begin page 774
Sunday, March 26, 1939 (continued)
(5) G 2084 (continued)
G 2084 F: Removed the body from the chamber and cleared it. Drawing.
cars emptied from no. 2)
6:30 to 8:30: 180
9:00 to 12:00: 150
1:30 to evening: 180
Monday, March 27, 1939
(1) east of G 2071
(2) G 2076 A, B, C, D, X, Y and room a
(3) G 2077 A, B, C, D, E, F, X and room a
(1) East of G 2071
East of this mastaba in removing the debris to expose the remains of the lining of the new excavated mastabas, sand, limestone debris, rubble, pebble and stones. Nothing exposed yet.
(2) G 2076
A rubble mastaba. South of G 2075, east of G 2077 and west of G 2073 and G 2074. Contains six shafts, A, D, X, Y and room a.
G 2076 A: In shaft. Lined above with crude brick and rock cut below. It is south of X and east of B. Total depth 1.8 meters, red debris, limestone debris, pebble and rubble. Chamber on west blocked with rubble, left for photo.
G 2076 B: In shaft. Lined with rubble to the bad rock. It is west of A, south of C. Total depth 2.0 meters, red debris, limestone debris, and pebble. Chamber on south blocked with crude brick resting on rubble, left for photo.
G 2076 C: In shaft and chamber. Lined with crude brick topped with rubble. It is north of B and south of D. Total depth 1.85 meters, sand, limestone debris, rubble and dirty debris. Chamber on south built of crude brick and bound with plaster. Roofed with crude brick. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2076 D: In shaft. Lined with rubble to the bad rock. It is north of C. In the mastaba on north. Total depth 1.7 meters, red debris, pebble, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on south blocked with crude brick and rubble, left for photo.
microfilm: end page 774
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 03/26/1939; 03/27/1939
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)