microfilm: begin page 798
Sunday, April 30, 1939 (continued)
(3) G 2233 (continued)
G 2233 G: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with masonry and rock cut below. It is north of F and east of C. Total depth 3.75 meters, sand, limestone debris, rubble, stones and bones. Chamber on south cut in rock. No blocking. North-south rock cut coffin, was covered with lid (one stone), but thrown away east of the coffin. In the coffin on north is a raised cut stone as a headrest. Chamber cleared, also the coffin. Empty. Drawing.
(4) G 2243
On top of the mastaba, in exposing the remains of the lining and the shafts of the mastaba and also the rooms. A stone mastaba, east of G 2242, south of G 2240 and north of G 2243a, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Exposed all the lining, all the shafts, A-D, also exposed room a.
G 2243 a: in the room, an uninscribed partly destroyed room, east of shafts A and B, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Door opened to east. Southern doorjamb removed. Serdab in the room, west of room and built with stones. On west is an uninscribed stela near the south end. Cleared on limestone debris above the rock.
Drawing of G 2243 and G 2243a.
(5) G 2243a
A partly destroyed small stone mastaba, east of G 2242a, south of G 2243 and north of G 2239c. One shaft lettered A, but not started in it.
microfilm: end page 798
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)