Old Kingdom limestone statue of man sitting on square stone seat with feet resting on base formed by forepart of seat; figure slightly inclined backwards, forarms rest on upper legs, right hand clenched back up holding roll (handkerchief ?), left hand open palm down, legs straight down side by side but not touching, whole figure painted red except wig and [kilt], seat and base and space between legs painted black, wide full wig painted black hangs down to shoulders and a little longer at back without covering earlobes, eyebrows and eyelashes painted black over red, white of eye left red, iris painted dark brown with black pupil over red, traces of white color of necklace over red (other colors gone) and of broad white painted bracelet on each arm with black outlined amulet, nipples painted black, [kilt] painted white; inscription: name [GLYPHS] Nefu inscribed twice on front side of seat (on right and on left side of legs) and [GLYPHS] on right side and on left side of seat; piece on right side of base broken off and refastened in antiquity with two wood pegs (lost) in round holes. Illustration: Yes
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pit G 7946 G, debris of pit
- Height: 44 cm Width: 19 cm Thickness: 31.5 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA 31.778 deaccessioned; Nelson-Atkins Museum (48.47)
- Date of Register Entry
- Nefu (G 7946)
- MFA 31.778 deaccessioned: sold to Nelson-Atkins Museum (formerly William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art, Atkins Museum of Fine Arts), Kansas City, Missouri, December 6, 1948
- MFA accession number verified
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974, p. 207.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7946. Limestone seated statue (31-1-6 = MFA 31.778 deaccessioned = Nelson-Atkins Museum, Kansas City, Missouri 48.47) inscribed for Nefu and limestone standing pair statue (31-1-4 = MFA 31.777) inscribed for Nefu and Khenmetsetju; both found in G 7946 G.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)