Six alabaster model dishes, [Type X b]. Illustration: Yes. Illustration scale: 1:2
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pit G 4140 A
- Diameter: 6.4 - 8.5 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 13.5618, 21.2897
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4
- Date of Register Entry
- Five of six alabaster model dishes accessioned as MFA 13.5618; one of six alabaster model dishes accessioned as MFA 21.2897.
- MFA accession numbers verified
Reisner, George A. A History of the Giza Necropolis 1. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1942, p. 461, fig. 279, p. 462.
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, p. 100.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 4140
Description: Alabaster model vessels from G 4140 A: top row: 13-11-5 (one of six dishes), 13-11-10 (= MFA 13.5622, two of five dishes); middle row: 13-11-8 (= MFA 13.5620, dish), 13-11-3 (= MFA 13.5616, dish), 13-11-9 (= MFA 13.5621, dish), 13-11-10 (= MFA 13.5622, one of five dishes); bottom row: 13-11-6 (= MFA 21.2620, spouted jar), 13-11-2 (= MFA 21.2836, cup), 13-11-7 (= MFA 13.5619, jar), 13-11-4 (= MFA 13.5617, dish)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)