microfilm: begin page 1060
Wednesday, December 10, 1930 (continued)
(4) G 7937
Clearing mastaba. Masonry built. Uncovered Room "a" and pits A and B.
Room "a": Masonry chapel in mastaba, one side of doorway has lining stones in position. Recess for statue in west wall at south end. Part of pavement of floor remaining.
G 7937 A: Down 2.3 meters. Masonry above, rock cut below. No chamber, but broken through to a rock cut tomb on face of cliff.
G 7937 B: Depth 3 meters. Rock cut.
(5) G 7938
Clearing mud brick mastaba, at its northeast corner. Uncovered pit A.
G 7938 A: Down 4 meters. Mud brick above, rock cut below.
(6) G 7939
Clearing mastaba. Small masonry mastaba, against north end of G 7936, masonry mostly missing. Found in debris against outside of east face of mastaba G 7939: two small offering basins [30-12-47, 30-12-48], inscribed with name of [GLYPHS] [Khentetka].
G 7939 A: Depth .7 meters. Rock cut. No chamber.
G 7939 B: Depth 1.7 meters. Rock cut. No chamber.
G 7939 C: Depth 2.55 meters. Masonry above, rock cut below, against north face of G 7936. Chamber on west, rock cut, open. [ILLUSTRATION]
G 7939 D: Down 1.9 meters. Rubble built, rock cut. Chamber on east, door blocking stones in position.
G 7939 Y: Depth 3.5 meters. Rock cut. Chamber on south, rock cut, open.
G 7939 Z: Depth 2.7 meters. Rock cut. Chamber on west, rock cut, open. [ILLUSTRATION]
microfilm: end page 1060
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Mentioned on page
- Khentetka (in G 7939)
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Two limestone offering basins (30-12-47, 30-12-48) inscribed for Khentetka, identified as [rxt nswt Hm-nTr HwtHr xnttkA] royal acquaintance, priestess of Hathor.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)