microfilm: begin page 1192
Monday, December 26, 1932 (continued)
(1) G 2170 (continued)
Mastaba G 2150 (Kanefer) is that next west of G 2170.
G 2170 A: Down 4.30 meters; debris wind-blown sand only.
(2) G 2220
Clearing top in search of pit A.
G 2220 B: Masonry built of rock-cut below; down 3.0 meters; debris clean and hard rubble.
G 2220 C: Down 11.30 meters; debris wind-blown sand.
Guards cleaning around camp.
Salah ed Din to hospital.
Tuesday, December 27, 1932
Third day of work
1 pm to 4:30 pm
(1) G 2170 A
(2) G 2220 and B, C
(1) G 2170
G 2170 A: Down 6.10 meters; wind-blown sand and rubble.
(2) G 2220
Clearing north end of top of mastaba.
G 2220 B: Down 4.0 meters; clean rubble debris.
G 2220 C: Down 12.0 meters; wind-blown sand.
Wednesday, December 28, 1932
Fourth day of work
6:30 - 12:00
1:30 - 4:30
(1) G 2150
(2) G 2170 A
(3) G 2220 and B, C
(1) G 2150
Clearing top. Uncovered pit B. Found in debris on top of mastaba; part of right leg of alabaster statuette [32-12-2].
(2) G 2170
G 2170 A: Depth 8.70 meters. Chamber on west, with mud-brick door-blocking broken in at the top. Small rough chamber, partly filled with debris. Found in pit debris: fragment of large alabaster bowl [32-12-1].
(3) G 2220
Clearing north end of top of mastaba. No pit found.
G 2220 B: Down 6.60 meters; clean rubble debris.
G 2220 C: Down 14.20 meters; wind-blown sand debris.
Thursday, December 29, 1932
Fifth day of work, first of Ramadan
6:30 - 8:00
8:30 - 12:00
1:00 - 4:00
(1) G 2120 A
(2) G 2130 A
(3) G 2140 A
(4) G 2150 B
(5) G 2220 B, C
(1) G 2120
G 2120 A: Clearing stone blocks from pit, in order to clear down to chamber. Blocks begin at 7.15 below top of pit.
(2) G 2130
G 2130 A: Depth 8.95 meters. Chamber on south, with two courses of door-blocking in position. Whole chamber and passage lined with very smooth casing of fine white limestone, the only part missing being a small break in the floor. The room and pit are very accurately cut. Fragments of the sarcophagus and lid remain in the chamber, being of fine white limestone and plain with flat recessed lid. Found in pit debris:
microfilm: end page 1192
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/26/1932; 12/27/1932; 12/28/1932; 12/29/1932
- Mentioned on page
- Salah ed Din
- Kanefer (G 2150)
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Owner of G 2150. North and south false doors inscribed for Kanefer, identified as [jmj-r wpwt smr watj smsw js xrp aH] overseer of commissions, sole companion, elder of the is-chamber, director of the palace]; also appears in interior chapel relief (north, west, south walls), identified as [mdw kA-HD xrp aw xrp tmAtjw smsw js m prwj xrp mrwj nswt jmj-r pHw Hrj-sStA xAswt nbwt] herdsman of the White Bull, director of interpreters, director of bowcase bearers, elder of the is-chamber of the two houses, director of the two canals of the king, overseer of marshlands, master of secrets of every foreign land; in situ in G 2150. Interior chapel entrance door jambs (part of north door jamb: 32-12-8 = MFA 34.57; parts of south door jamb and small section of facade south of interior chapel entrance: 32-12-7 = MFA 34.58), and facade north and south of interior chapel entrance (block from north facade: 32-12-10) inscribed for Kanefer, identified as [Hm-nTr Sbk Sdt sA nswt mdw rxjjt jmj-jb n nTr=f] priest of Sobek of Crocodilopolis, king's son, staff of the commoners, he who is in the heart of his god; in situ in G 2150 (some loose blocks replaced in original position, others removed from site). Displaced lintel, no name preserved but probably belonging to Kanefer, identified as [jmj-r wpwt (smsw js) prwj xrp aw Hrj-sStA xAswt nbwt smr] overseer of commissions, (elder of the is-chamber) of the two houses, director of interpreters, master of secrets of every foreign land, companion; found in street east of G 2150. Drum lintel (Louvre C 155) inscribed for Kanefer, identified as [sA nswt jmj-r wpwt] king’s son, overseer of commissions; findspot unknown, perhaps originally from G 2150.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)