microfilm: begin page 226
Wednesday, March 3, 1926 (continued)
(1) G 7000 X
Dunham began drawing of inlays of carrying chair.
We removed Nos. 188 - 192.
Nos. 19_ - 19_ gave a large fragment of inlay in original order.
The gold leaf is very thin silvery with a black patina.
(2) G 7070
G 7070 A: Ends in rock at 3.85 meters and was never used.
G 7070 B: Depth 17 meters. Floor of pit slopes to south. The well built door block has been penetrated by the removal of one of the nine blocks at the upper eastern corner.
Cleared out the offering chamber G 7070.
Street east of G 7070. Debris as before but opposite doorway of offering room, the upper layer contained fragments of wood, cloth, etc. from Saite-Ptolemaic burial (probably from intrusive burials in offering room).
(3) G 7156
Continued examination of top of G 7156 and opened XXXVII and three pits.
G 7156 A: Is 75 cm deep and ends at rock. Unused. XXXVII is a late grave built partly over A.
G 7156 B: Depth 115 cm. Chamber on west, with rubble door block. Late?
G 7156 C: Depth 225 cm. Chamber on west, with rubble door block. Late?
I believe G 7154 and G 7156 to be unused mastabas. The late graves dug from a higher level have only an accidental connection with the mastabas.
microfilm: end page 226
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Dows Dunham, American, 1890–1984
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1890–1984
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator; Assistant Curator, Egyptian Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)