microfilm: begin page 95
Sunday, August 11, 1935 (continued)
(3) G 5030
To expose the building and the casing of the mastaba on north. Limestone debris, dubsh and sand. The casing of the mastaba not yet exposed.
(4) G 5031
On top of the mastaba. Lined with dubsh, north of G 5030 and south of G 5040. Sand, limestone debris, dubsh and potsherd. Exposed some shafts, not yet numbered.
Monday, August 12, 1935
(1) G 2381 C
(2) G 4516 C, D, E, F
(3) G 4734 C
(4) G 5020
(5) G 5030
(6) G 5031 A, B, C, D, E, F
(7) G 5040
(1) G 2381
G 2381 C: In the rock-cut tomb. It is east of G 2381 B. The sloping passage to west. The plug-stones gone except two stones in the first in the sloping passage. Limestone debris, dubsh, black debris, potsherds and papers. A coffin cut in rock appears in the room. From north to south. The coffin was roofed with big stones. Empty. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 95
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 08/11/1935; 08/12/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)