microfilm: begin page 19
Friday, October 31, 1913
Clearing chamber G 4140 A.
Saturday, November 1, 1913
Clearing sand in chamber G 4140 A. Potsherds as in G 4140. Also female skull and part of pelvis.
Sunday, November 2
In early morning came on another white head in G 4140 A. It ought to be a female.
The head on examination is certainly female. The nose is broken off. There were found a number of stone model vessels, pots and potsherds and a few copper implements and a small limestone ear [ILLUSTRATION].
Monday, November 3, 1913
Work on G 4140 A.
Crawford left after tea for Gebel Moya.
Tuesday, November 4, 1913
Began clearing street between G 4140 and G 4240. This was not entirely cleared in 1912.
Wednesday, November 5, 1913
In the street (G 4140 - G 4240) there is a big deposit of limestone rubbish thrown out of the pits of the two mastabas:
It is clear the pits were plundered after the decay of the chapel and before the sand mud came in. Under the limestone rubbish, there was found the basis of a seated statuette of limestone (bad condition) and a head (female) of another statuette.
Thursday, November 6, 1913
Street clear to surface of decay. This debris of decay is higher opposite the chapel and probably contains a stone chapel.
microfilm: end page 19
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/31/1913 through 11/06/1913
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Osbert Guy Stanhope Crawford, British, 1886–1957
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates British, 1886–1957
- Remarks Archaeologist. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)